Click on the article to read details
- Indian National News
News of Kolkata
News Related to West Bengal
News Headlines of Bangladesh
News In BengaliEntertainment News
1 - 61,000 Indian millionaires shifted overseas in last 14 years
India has seen the second-biggest outflow of high net worth individuals in last 14 years, with as many as 61,000 millionaires shifting base to abroad due to reasons like tax, security and child education, says a report.
A joint report by New World Wealth and LIO Global said the change in domicile, along with a rise in second citizenship applications, has increased dramatically since the turn of the century. Read more..........
2 - Farmers’ interests are only one part of designing a workable land acquisition law
- The high-decibel debate on land acquisition, playing out in Parliament and media since the opening of the budget session, is asking the wrong question. Asking whether the Land Acquisition (Amendment) Ordinance 2014 promulgated by the president is anti-farmer or not is simplistic and misleading. It forgets that the issue under consideration is establishing a workable mechanism for acquiring land, not laying down the contours of a successful kisan vikas patra scheme.
- Read More..........
Nitish Kumar has clearly emerged as the Man of the Moment. Predictably, sections of the media are already describing him as a potential prime ministerial candidate of a united anti-BJP or opposition combine. A three-time winner, Teflon coated and somewhat blow-dried, he has led the JD(U)-RJD-Congress Mahagathbandhan to victory, stopped the Modi-Shah juggernaut in its tracks and proved that the Delhi election results were no fluke.
- Finance Minister Arun Jaitley said the government would take into account the impact on foreign investments should it act to prevent illegal funds or "black money" from flowing into India through popular equity derivative products.
The comments came after a Supreme Court-appointed panel said on Friday that India needed to take stronger measures to identify the owners of participatory notes (P-notes), or derivatives that track domestic equity markets.
- Kolkata was the capital of British India from 1858-1911. When we got Independence, it was still India’s premier city on many counts. West Bengal was also the leader in many industries and was probably the cultural capital of India.
West Bengal had everything going to become India’s most developed State while Kolkata had a head-start to one day become a world class city, ahead of New Delhi and Mumbai. However while things moved slowly for the first 20 years, after that things totally went downhill with each and every party that ruled it contributing to its downfall.
- By taking an emphatic stand that laws incriminating hate speech must remain on the statute, the Union home ministry has sent out the strongest message yet that the recent actions of Hindutva rabble-rousers do not have the sanction of the central government.
(a)4-acre Tolly tram depot land fetches Rs 181 crore,
(b) Drivers, get off footpaths or cough up Rs 2,500
(c) World Bank to fund Hooghly riverfront revamp
(d) Snap blockade ends Kolkata airport parking fee confusion
(e) 5 held with tusk, rhino horn worth lakhs in Bengal
(f) E-W Metro tunneling to start from Howrah
8 - Sports: India-Pakistan to revive cricket ties.
UAE to host the series which will include three Tests, five ODIs and two T20s.
The India and Pakistan cricket boards have agreed to resume bilateral cricket ties.
News In Bengali - Entertainment News
- Kangana Ranaut and Hrithik Roshan have both made a position for themselves in the tinsel town. If Hrithik is nick-named to be the greek god of Bollywood, Kangana too is the queen bee of B-town. Hence the pair is susceptible to all kinds of rumours all the time. Latest gossip from the media grind suggest.... /
Shah Rukh Khan's last release was Happy New Year that released over a year back. Now that Rohit Shetty's upcoming film is about to hit theatres in a little over a month's time, the first theatrical trailer of the film has been unveiled. And by the looks and feel of it, Dilwale is expected to be one of the biggest films this year.
With Kajol, Varun Dhawan and Kriti Sanon in tow, and Rohit Shetty leading the pack, Shah Rukh Khan's Dilwale is one film you cannot miss this Christmas.
Mark your calendar for 36th NABC conference at Madison Square Gardens, New York, New York
from 1st to 3rd July 2016. Presentation of highly entertaining program with vocalists, dancers, musicians, actors, actresses & band group from Mombai, Kolkata & Dhaka will be highlight again at the sanmelan. We will let you know participating overseas artists as soon as they will be annunced. On line registration is on as well as hotel booking. So check it out by clicking following link.
Click here to read
KALI PUJA: Bangiya Parishad will celebrate on November 14th 2015, Saturday at Tagore Center at 7:00 PM. Chairperson: Ashoke Neogi (416-506-1770)
Toronto Kalibari (6815 Professional Court, Mississauga) will celebrate Kali Puja on November 10th at 6:30 PM. For more info please call 905-405-0780
UPCOMING EVENTS OF PBCA:
New Year Dinner Dance: PBCA will host on December 31st 2015, Thursday at Tagore Center at 7:00 PM. Chairperson: Ashoke Neogi (416-506-1770) / Avijit (Kanu) Sinha Roy (905-513-7076). Must confirm your attendence on or before 20th December.
The best Bangla radio on net. Directly from Kolkata. Listen 24x7 - just for you